You take extra care of your skin, but totally you forgot one of the most important step. To clean your brushes.
When you apply foundation to your face, you are picking up everything that is on your face, including dead skin cells, bacteria, dirt, oil, etc and it’s then left to the brush after use. Then, (you put them) back on your face and that can cause breakouts and aggravate skin.
Cleaning make-up brushes is quick and easy, and you don’t need any exclusive products to do it. Any kind of mild soap, shampoo will clean your brushes very well.
- Wash your hands, then apply a small drop of cleanser into the palm of your hand, or if you’re using bar soap work up a lather.
- Wet the brush and then dip into the cleanser in your palm.
- Gently rub the brush in circles to work the dirt out. Some make take two washings to get completely clean.
- When you are satisfied with the cleanliness, wipe excess water off onto a clean cloth and reshape your brush while it is still wet so that it dries into its natural shape.
- Lay the brush flat to dry. Never stand the brush up to dry because this allows excess water to drip into the handle area, which could loosen the glue and cause the bristles to fall out. Drying time usually takes several hours.
- If you use your make-up brushes daily, it’s recommended that your wash them at least every 2 weeks.